Timecode Error on AJD250-I'm stumped!

Posted by EspressoFiend 
Hi all -

Seasoned pro here. Working freelance gig on site with a client's Panasonic AJD250 deck capturing DV via my 1.5 GHz PowerBook over firewire. Keep getting that friggn' error "Batch Capture TIMECODE ERROR: Unable to locate the specified timecode. You may have specified a timecode without sufficient room for pre/post roll...."

However, I've already changed the presets - I've changed the Pre Roll to 7 seconds, tired different FW Settings/ Apple basic - etc... I've even created a new user file and logged in as the new user for clean slate operation. I'm stumped.

Used this same PowerBook a few weeks back on several Sony Decks with flawless operation. Any suggestions?

System: OS 10.3.6
RAM: 512K
External FW Device (Newly formatted -non journaled)

ACK!!

changing the pre-roll to 7 seconds would be mking the problem worse, unless you started with a pre-roll time of TEN seconds.

make the PR shorter (THREE is the minimum, i think, but i seem to remember using TWO once upon a time??)

or re-log that clip with a new in-point
Quick way to do that:
drag the offline clip in to the Log& Capture window.
alter the in, and re-log.

hope that helps,
nick
Dennis Csillag
Re: Timecode Error on AJD250-I'm stumped!
February 26, 2005 02:05AM
Have you set up the deck? If you haven't set the 250's menus to work with FCP, it won't.
Hi Guys -

Thanks for the input. Actually, the problem originated with the 3 second PR as default. Also, it was doing this for every single clip logged! Very strange.

I tried shutting down and restarting the deck, made sure the FW control was enabled with the menu settings, tried changing my presets, trashed my preferences, changed the FW controller, changed the PR times, etc. Heck! I even was thinking about hiring a witch doctor! (Calling Dr. Bombay ...Emergency! Come right away!!)

I (again) changed the FW preset to Apple Basic and even though I had done this several times before, this time it seemed to work... VERY strange but again thanks for the input. This one was really strange... but it's now working...

Thanks all. LAFCPUG rules!

pauli
mic
Re: Timecode Error on AJD250-I'm stumped!
May 23, 2006 06:29AM
I too have had the "pre-roll" error message when trying to batch capture. I had inadverntany deleted my scratch disk when a power outage occured. I thought...Oh..well...not a big deal......I'll just reload those tapes (I had just finished editing a huge project mind you).....got that dam meassge. I'm still unsure of why it will not batch capture. Someone on another site said that it was because there was a timecode break BUT...no timecode break here. I found another way around it however, I'm still not out of the dark. I got 3 more tapes to load and hopefully they will line up in my timeline properly. I've been editing for 5 years now and just when you think your becomming closer to a pro you feel like a RETARD!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics