way to improve real time?

Posted by seth shapiro 
way to improve real time?
March 27, 2005 08:09PM
is there a plug-in or hardware to improve to more real time features? i have a lot of exports from ae and it seems i always have to render that media as well as other transitions, efx, etc - is there any way to bolster the system?

thx seth

g5-2.5ghz 3.5gb ram fcp4.5
Re: way to improve real time?
March 27, 2005 09:23PM
Consult the manual. It has many ideas on how to manage renders

Mike
but can you purchase anything to beef up the real-time capability? i guess thats what i was trying to ask...
March 27, 2005 09:57PM
No. Cinewave helped with their FX and it's likely in the future that we will see FX go to the GPU much like Motion, but for now, you just manage renders best you can.

mike
March 28, 2005 12:03AM
what id like to see is a way to to get movies (with alpha channel intact) from AE go into FCP without re-rendering...
March 28, 2005 12:40AM
Wayne, as long as you render out of AE into the codec you are using to edit in FCP there should be no re-rendering.
yeah, that part i understand. the problem in the phrase"with alpha channel intact". to my knowledge (and its been through the froum ringer here and at adobe) there is no export codec common to AE and FCP that doesnt flatten the alpha channel.

unless something has changed in the last 3 months or so that im not aware of...
Tae
March 28, 2005 10:42AM
You try exporting your footage, then exporting the alpha channel separatley as a matte. Maybe?

-T
thats something i hadnt considered. i'll give that a shot - you may have just become my best friend!
Tae
March 28, 2005 11:29AM
wayne granzin wrote:

> thats something i hadnt considered. i'll give that a shot - you
> may have just become my best friend!

HA! I hope so!

-T
March 28, 2005 10:42PM
My first thought was also to export the matte separatley, but the more I think about it I think that I may have discovered a possible caveat. To apply the matte in FCP, you'd have to use a composite mode, right? In FCP no compostie mode is RT. So unless there is another way to apply a matte, unfortunatley I don't think that'd work. Hope you two can still be best friends though. ;-)

-Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics