TV output

Posted by MikeM 
TV output
May 09, 2005 10:34PM
I have a Television that I want to connect to my Powerbook to view my FCP projects on as I am making them. I can get it to show the display from the computer but cannot figure out how to get FCP to show the same movie that I am watching on my Mac. Is there some sort of special connection I need or do I need to change a setting in FCP? Thanks for the Help

Michael
Re: TV output
May 09, 2005 10:45PM
How have you got your tv connected to the mac?

A simple path is mac > firewire > camera or deck > rca cables > tv

Then start up your camera and tv, then open fcp.

Then go View > External video > all frames
Video playback should be Apple firewire NTSC (If you are using an NTSC set)
Audio playback should be Audio follows Video

Techinially, this should send synched video to your TV
May 09, 2005 10:55PM
and if you are just using your TV as a computer display, then you need to pick one of the digital cinema desktop preview settings in A/V settings (option apple Q)

but a camera used the way jude sugests will display your images properly

anopther solution is a converter box.
the canopus ADVC110 is bus powered, which is great for on-the-road.

nick

Greg Kozikowski
May 10, 2005 04:14PM

On the other hand, if it's an *actual* TV, it won't have video inputs, just an antenna.

You can still make that work. Radio Shack sells a little box where you plug video and audio RCA plugs and it converts everything to television channel 3 (or 4) so you can view it on a TV.

Get the RCA cables and signals from one of the digital converter boxes mentioned above.

There are **lots** of problems with this--you can't use it as a standard to quality control your picture--but you will get a version of your show on the screen.

Koz
May 11, 2005 04:52AM
???
i dont think a TV's been made in the last 15years that didnt have a video input.

nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics