fcp import file error

Posted by Matt Gangi 
fcp import file error
May 10, 2005 03:56AM
hey again. im running off a g4 powerbook laptop Final Cut HD os panther. i downloaded the program handbreak to rip a clip from a dvd to an mpeg4 in order to edit it in fcp. when i ripped the file, i changed the fps to 29.97. should have i left the fps at "same as source"? I put encoder at FFmpeg. quality: average bitrate (kbps): 1000. File format: mp4 file. codecs: mpeg-4 Video/AAC Audio. Audio: Sample rate (hz): 44100 Bitrate: (kbps): 128. Picture settings: width 720. Height 480. Should have I kept the picture settings at aspect ratio 704 width- 400 height? There is also an option to deinterlace picture. should that be selected or no? I kept it unselected. Anyways- ripped the file. the mpeg4 plays in QT... but when I try to import it into FCP i get the error message- "file error: 1 file(s) recognized,
0 access denied, 1 unknown". Does anyone know how to fix this?
thank you.
m.
Re: fcp import file error
May 10, 2005 04:09AM
idealy you would convert the file to the same codec and settings as any other footage you might be using.

mp4 is not a format that FCP recognises.

have a look at MPEGStreamclip as a posible tool.

[www.alfanet.it]

nick

Re: fcp import file error
May 10, 2005 09:10AM
If QuickTime Player recognizes and opens the file, try a "Save as" or "Export" via QuickTime Player, and convert it to a regular QuickTime movie with DV, Motion JPEG A, or Photo JPEG codec.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics