Rendering

Posted by Glenn 
Rendering
May 10, 2005 07:15PM
All of a sudden I can't render the video portion (albeit a small portion) of my sequence. I've tried everything I could think of like: setting in and out points, selecting the selection, render all, render video, etc., and still nothing.

Re: Rendering
May 10, 2005 08:01PM
Try a couple of tricks:

a) Dump the render files you've already made of other parts of your sequences;

b) Move everything in your sequence to the right (using the double arrow pointing right), then moving everything back into place;

c) Set another Scratch disk for your render files;

d) Cut the portion in question out, paste it into another sequence, render it, then put it back into the main sequence;

d) Checking your render settings.

Sometimes FCP is fooled into thinking a piece is already rendered when it's not. I'm not sure that's what's happening in your case (too little info), but the above tricks can help clean the slate and force the computer to render.
May 11, 2005 02:22AM
Derek,

Thanks for your advice. I tried 4 of the 5 suggestions to the letter but to no avail. With suggestion (d) I copied and pasted the entire sequence into another one because most of the clips now needed rendering as a result of changes I made. This too proved unfruitful. Perhaps there is another solution. I am running FCP 4.5 on a Power Mac G5 2GHZ dual processor with 4.5 Gigs of RAM. Thanks again.

May 11, 2005 05:29AM
read this article:

[www.kenstone.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics