RENDERING

Posted by Glenn 
RENDERING
May 11, 2005 08:17PM
I can't render certain clips in my sequence. To make matters worse, the clips that I'm unable to render don't appear in the Canvas window whenever I move the playhead to a spot over the unrendered clip. However when I double click on the same unrendered clip it does appear in the Viewer. I haven't worked on this particular project in over a year. Should that matter? I am working with FCP 4.5 on a G5 Power PC dual 2 GHz processor with 4.5 Gigs of RAM.

Re: RENDERING
May 11, 2005 10:43PM
Is the source still physically on the computer? It could be that what you are seeing in the viewer is a (previous) render file version, and not the actual clip. Search your hard drive for the original. If it's not there, you can't render it.
May 12, 2005 03:41AM
Jude,

Yes the source is still on the computer. I put the computer to sleep and went out of the office for awhile. When I returned some of the files that were previously unrendered became rendered. I checked my User Preferences and Auto Rendering is on. But if the clip was unrenderable manually, why would it respond to the automatic function (assuming that's what happened). And I have other clips in the sequence that I'm still unable to render.This problem is becoming more and more mysterious. Thanks for your input.
May 12, 2005 06:46AM
Putting an FCP computer asleep with FCP open has caused no end of problems. I have heard this time and again. Best never to sleep on your video computer.

My best guess is that FCP looses it "brain's" when put to sleep.
May 12, 2005 10:41AM
"My best guess is that FCP looses it "brain's" when put to sleep."

... which would suggest that trashing prefs might put everything back in order.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics