cliche "flash" transition

Posted by d2olphin 
cliche "flash" transition
May 14, 2005 02:21PM
seen everywhere from ESPN promos to MTV videos...can anyone tell me the best way to accomplish those white flash-like transitions, usually in the middle of a jump cut?

thank you,
dan

d2olphin
Re: cliche "flash" transition
May 14, 2005 02:58PM
There's a great film flash transition as part of Film Effects www.nattress.com - I think you'll like it.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Re: cliche "flash" transition
May 14, 2005 09:55PM
Or (sorry Graemesmiling smiley just insert a Dip To Colour transition, make the colour white and reduce the duration of the transition to a few frames.
There's also a pretty decent Flashframe transition in the TMTS (Too Much Too Soon) free filterset. Gives you options for pre and post blurring the flash.

Aloha,
mel
Yes, Too Much Too Soon has a great Flash Transition. For clue as to how to get it (free) try [mattias.nu].

Scott

Re. Jude's suggestion above: six frames is perfect, depending on the flash audio used (if just the 'foomph' sound, six is perfect;' if you want the crackle of the glass hitting the floor?you know, like in "Raging Bull"?eight frames works too).

I have to say I use this all the time!

Kit

I also somethings do a very short (like everyone suggested, 4-8 frames) white matte and insert it above the cut in question. Long fade in, short fade out is what we're after most of the time. The advantage is that you can control to the fullest how fast and slow it comes in and out, the opacity of the white (sometimes you don't want full white, but rather some part of the picture bleeding in), as well as move it around very easily. The disadvantage is that you have to do the work yourself to figure out the length, and it takes two tracks including your footage itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics