FCP to LT not working

Posted by kb1 
kb1
FCP to LT not working
May 16, 2005 12:37PM
Hello - I've tried this in 4 or 5 forums but this seems to be a stumper = When I right click on a livetype file in the FCP HD timeline and chose "open in Editor," it opens the ipr file in a new window over the viewer window, as opposed to opening it in LT (as I assigned to LT editor in system settings). This file was designed in FCP 4.1. The message to update the 4.1 project to the new FCP HD version was clicked, so I thought it would be able to operate this finished 4.1 project from a few months ago the same way in FCP HD. Why doesn't my FCP 4.5 open ipr files directly into Livetype? When I "open in editor" photos or audio, phtotoshop or peak bias opens as per my settings - but not Livetype (anymore). I've re-downloaded LT 1.2 from Apple web site, still no good, in Finder Livetype is listed as default app as well for ipr files...so any help appreciated, greatly.

1.8 G5, FCP 4.5, 1 gig ram, latest panther

Thanks

KB
Re: FCP to LT not working
May 16, 2005 04:31PM
Just do a plain old "open" and they will open in Live Type.
Ian
kb1
May 16, 2005 04:40PM
Thanks Ian:

Maybe I'm not understanding your reply, But what I'm trying to do is Open in Editor while on the timeline in FCP 4.5 into Livetype, where it opens the ipr file in LT - this used to do this, as it should but now won't as per first post.

Thanks for any help...

KB
May 16, 2005 05:12PM
When you alt click to get the menu, there's a choice for "open" and "open in editor." Use the plain "open"

Ian
kb1
May 16, 2005 06:56PM
Thanks Ian - but doing that just opens it into the viewer in FCP, I want it to open the ipr file in the livetype app.

KB
May 16, 2005 10:22PM
Is it a rendered livetype movie or a livetype project file? This from Larry Jordan's..

"If you add a LiveType project file (for example, MyProject.ipr) to the Timeline and then choose to open it in an External Editor, the file will open automatically in LiveType as a LiveType project.

If you add a rendered LiveType movie file to the Timeline and then choose to open it in an External Editor, the file will open in the Editor you've selected for Video Files (in the External Editors tab) or in QuickTime Player if none is selected."
kb1
May 17, 2005 11:53AM
TA DA! It worked, after 2 weeks of posts in various forums, Thanks for helpful thought...BUT, here's the strange thing - all my files are IPR NOT video files, and it still wasn't opening in LT, however, based on your reply, I did set system settings to NONE for video (it was set to FCP)...so now it opens a LT file in Livetype, Thanks very much again!!!

KB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics