What is FC expecting?

Posted by Novysan 
What is FC expecting?
May 17, 2005 01:05PM
When one sets the External Viewing source to ALL frames, is FC expecting to send a signal only out the firewire? For all I can tell, I really shouldn't be having an issue using the second DVI out of the machine and converting to HDMI. But, as I am, would any of you suggest that I try to do a firewire to component converter or should a DVI to component HD work?
Greg Kozikowski
Re: What is FC expecting?
May 17, 2005 06:02PM

<<<When one sets the External Viewing source to ALL frames, is FC expecting to send a signal only out the firewire?>>>

Not necessarily. But that will be the only show in sync with the sound.

We use the two computer video outputs for two production monitors.

Koz
May 17, 2005 06:11PM
I hooked up one of our cameras to the firewire and output YPbPr from the camera to the monitor. It works, but only in DV mode (720x480) but not in HD mode. Doesn't even show up as an option if the camera is in HD mode. And even in DV mode, it'll still only play either on the Canvas OR on the external, but never both, no matter if I have "mirror on desktop" clicked or not. Unchecked it plays externally. Cheked, itr plays on the canvas, but not externally. The view that dean't play will update once you stop the clip though. I've tried all sorts of settings on the sequence, different compressions, etc,. no luck. Very frustrating.
May 18, 2005 06:26AM
It's never going to work in HDV mode as the whole workflow was never designed to work like this at all. With DV there are discrete frames you can pipe to the deck, have it decode and be sent on it's way to the monitor. With HDV you have to have a stream of compressed MPEG2, so it can't work in the same way at all.

AFAIK, the only real solution at the moment is an expensive HD card like a Decklink HD card to view what you're doing.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics