End Credit Template

Posted by Eric Rogers 
End Credit Template
May 25, 2005 04:47PM
Does anyone know where I can find a template which tells me the proper order of ending credits?
Re: End Credit Template
May 25, 2005 08:14PM
Eric,

Depending on what type of show it is, I would think you could simply watch similar shows and pick one of their formats. There's certainly enough on so you shouldn't have much problem finding something that fits what you're doing.

Some things are union specific. For example, I believe all director's credits for DGA directors must begin with DIRECTED BY. As far as the others go, usually this is political and ego driven as to whom is listed where in the list.

Make a long credit list and a short one in case you get into trouble with the timing of the show.

Kevin
May 25, 2005 08:18PM
Thanks Kevin. It's an indie feature and we have done that. I just thought maybe there was an easier way.
May 26, 2005 01:58AM
If nobody in the cast and crew had specific instructions written into his/her contract, it's a free-for-all. Sometimes crew goes first, sometimes cast; sometimes you have "directed by" cards at the end, sometimes in the beginning. There's no such thing as a "right" way to do it. General trends dictate that cast usually goes first in the scroll, music credits are late, thanks are latest, etc.

Even using a feature film as a template can be misleading. For example, Steven Soderbergh's Traffic has very unusual end credits, because of the complete lack of opening credits other than the title of the film. The Matrix films do the same thing -- no names at all at the beginning of the film.
May 26, 2005 02:28AM
End credits can also be dictated by the studio. I was sent a template by the higher ups that they follow on every picture, to be filled out in that order. I think it started with the ADs and then went through the various departments (camera, sound, production, hair, makeup, wardrobe, grip, electric, transpo).

Like Derek said, if names aren't mentioned in the opening credits then you usually start with Directed by and then the cast list, then crew.
May 26, 2005 09:32AM
Generally, if the client gives you a list, you gotta follow it to a T. Typos are evil in credits and subtitles. I always give the client a verbatim version of the credits they provide, even if I see discrepancies in the spellings. It's the client's responsibility to give you an accurate document, verified; we shouldn't be forced to swallow the costs of labour if the client screws up some names and has to change the credits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics