Need to output to Beta!

Posted by Mark 
Need to output to Beta!
May 26, 2005 03:58PM
I have a 30 minute infomercial I need to output to beta.

Does anyone have a place I can do this at?

Call me with a price.

Thanks, Mark

818-790-3359
Is this something you have on your FCP system? If so, then simply output to DVCAM and have the DVCAM dubbed to BetaSP at any dub facility:

Lightning Dubs
Point 360
Re: Need to output to Beta!
May 26, 2005 04:25PM
Why would I want to compress it and make it look like crap!

Also, I need Time code on the output so the show starts at on hour. (bars tone at 58:30)
OK then...let me ask this...

What was the original source footage? DVCAM? Beta? And how did you get it onto your system?

If it was shot on DVCAM and captured via firewire, then output via firewire, then NO COMPRESSION has occurred. When you dub to beta, it would be no different than dropping your sequence into an 8-bit uncompressed timeline and outputting to beta via a capture card.

If you time your cut properly, you can instruct the dub facility on how you want the tape dubbed...having them insert edit so that the bars and tone start at 58;30;00.

I've done this before...
May 26, 2005 04:42PM
Shane is saying if the media wasnt Beta in the first place which it sounds like it wasnt, then do what Shane suggests. Cheaper than renting a deck and getting a card.

And in future, post these kinds of requests on our jobs and announcements forum.

Thanks

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 26, 2005 04:50PM
Thanks for the help,

I did not know there was a jobs section.

The informercial was shot in DV but I do not want to compress all the lower thirds, effects and text to DV when the final output is uncompressed.

Not sure what a dub would cost but I was planning to spend $100 at the Dr Group but they are booked up.

Mark
May 26, 2005 05:31PM
If the effects and lower 3rds etc. look bad on DV, then they'll look bad when broadcast even if you render them uncompressed out to DigiBeta. If they don't look bad on DV, then there's no harm in getting the DV dubbed to BetaSP. The only way you can really preserve 99.9% of the uncompressed quality is to go direct out to Digibeta, or to preserve 99%, go out to DVCpro50.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics