Motion Screen Captures from Internet

Posted by Toni Carstensen 
Hi, there,

I am working on a process to take screen captures as I move around on the Internet. I am using a program called "Screen Record" to do it. I tried SnapzPro and couldn't get it to work properly?probably because I didn't have the right settings which I still don't. Any way, after much testing, I have determined I can get a really clean picture using the "Component Video" setting...but I still can't get it to capture a smooth scroll. Essentially, the scroll is very jerky. Does anyone have an suggestions for the optimum settings. These screen captures will ultimately go into a documentary shot DV (anamorphic).

Thanks in advance for any help! You guys have been totally wonderful!

Warmest regards,
Toni
i dont think youre going to get super "smooth scroll" from any of the screen recording software. i'd suggest getting a camera that can sync to your monitors refresh rate and just shoot the screen.

both the canon xl2 and the jvc gydv500 have that ability. i think they call it "clear scan"
I'm afraid you're right....I tried just recording the computer screen directly onto video with the Monster iTV Link..and it was awful. I was hoping for a solution that was little less retro....

Thanks for responding....
id just shoot it creatively, so you can edit into a more compelling final production. another thing you could do is just take a bunch of static screen grabs and then keyframe animate the interactivity in after effects, or flash. ive done that many times...
Great idea! Thanks!
Re: Motion Screen Captures from Internet
May 27, 2005 10:24PM
Or you can go out of a laptop as if to a projector into your deck, and then do a live capture into FCP. The quality of the image seems to vary depending on the laptop, and it can sometimes be a bit 'mushy', but it's a nice quick way to get live screen action into FCP.
Thanks, another good suggestion....:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics