Where is the Compressor Manual

Posted by Harry 
Where is the Compressor Manual
May 29, 2005 03:17PM
Hi Guys

As some of you have already experienced, Final Cut Studio in an 18 lbs package due to all the manuals for the apps included, but WHERE IS THE MANUAL FOR COMPRESSOR? I ask. Even I haven't been able to find any chapter in any of other manuals, cosidering that it is an almost brand new app I can't find any reference on how to set up network rendering for example....Can any of you shade a light or atleast can Mike have someone write a comprehensive article about the "New" Compressor.

Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend...

Harry
Mark
Re: Where is the Compressor Manual
May 29, 2005 04:24PM
Hi Harry,

You can download the Compressor manual here:
[www.apple.com]

Mark
Greg Kozikowski
May 29, 2005 04:29PM

<<<WHERE IS THE MANUAL FOR COMPRESSOR?>>>

I wouldn't be amazed is there wasn't one, or there was only a top level manual, and not detailed instructions.

Compressing for MPEG2 involves a lot of, "In your judgement, if the action in the scene is too great, then choose a higher bit rate and starve the rate somewhere else in the movie to make up for it."

Compression doesn't lend itself to: "Push this button and that happens" instructions.

It gets much worse if you're also designing 5.1 compressed audio tracks.

Koz
Mark
May 29, 2005 04:33PM
You can also download the QMaster manual here:
[www.apple.com]

..but I would have thought these manuals were available from the 'Help' menus of the apps themselves.

Mark
May 29, 2005 10:31PM
Thanks Mark that was a great help, I never thought of PDF files, but let's be honest after dishing down $1300 I think we have a right to have a printed manuel for every aspect of these marvelous programs.

Cheers anyway

Harry
May 30, 2005 06:46AM
compressor, livetype, and cinematools dont get printed manuals.

the pdfs are included INSIDE the application package, and officialy you access them via the app's "help" menu.
once you open it, you can save to a new location.

i saved my CT manual to a CD, and had it printed out!

there's no judgnment or personal taste involved in CT:
and if the numbers dont match, your film is screwed!

(you can also control click on the app's icon and "Show Contents" and go hunting)

cheers,
nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics