Who's there?

Posted by S. Jonson 
Who's there?
June 04, 2005 07:49AM
Anyone of you pros up for doing an iChatAV Voice chat so we can talk about some FCP related stuff, i've got some things i need some clearing up about.

email me to fix it up

if not, then that's cool

-Sven
Re: Who's there?
June 04, 2005 08:11AM
Or just ask your questions here Sven. Plenty of people willing to help on the forum.
June 04, 2005 08:58AM
I do post quite often here, i was just up for checking out a one to one with some one.

I'll post my question in a bit, it's a long paranoid one.

Cheers

Sven
June 04, 2005 12:33PM
Soon we will have weekly chats on this web site. Just need to clean up a lot of stuff first and find the right software. I'm pushing for mid summer but all depends on my schedule.

BTW anyone got recommendations for chat software? Does iChat handle a hundred or so people? Do multiple people talking at once present a problem? How does one moderate this sort of thing.

I'm not a chat person but would like to bring in Guest Gurus once a week and throw them to the lions. Just dont know how it works.

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 04, 2005 04:09PM
Sounds good Mike,

No Idea about Chat software, i remember some old sites in the day, a screenwriting one in particular used to have a chatroom on the site itself with allocated times for speakers to come talk to the users etc.

Sven
June 04, 2005 11:09PM
I don't if it can handle 100 but iChat can do fairly good sized chats
what is the goal of the chat? tech support? generally chit chat?

too many people an very little will get done as you lose track of what is asked and answered

BTW I am davidmoviesrock (AIM) on iCHAT

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
June 05, 2005 03:33AM
Thats the problem. What if 100 people show up to chat?

No goal here. Just a live session with a Guru to solve peoples problems and/or talk about his/her new earth shattering product.

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 05, 2005 03:03PM
One common way chats of that size happen are through IRC. Of course this would require someone to set up a dedicated IRC server. Another issue would be that people would have to download an IRC client app.

- Justin Barham -
June 05, 2005 08:21PM
We have been testing iChat A/V and iSight as a replacement for our aging (And expensive) teleconferencing system. To date we have been using the AIM servers, but will soon move to Jabber on Tiger. The iChat service has been stable and wonderfully refreshing when compared to our older system. Use to require 72 hour advanced notice and the entire IT department. Now it takes thirty-seconds to connect with a click of a mouse. It?s so easy even educators can use iChat:-) Everyone who has used iChat has given nothing but positive feedback. Goodbye Polycom, hello iChat.

I would suggest using an outbound multicast video stream for the host on one computer and audio chat on another for the participants.

Shawn Bockoven
METV
[www.metv.ws]
ichat account sbockoven using .mac
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics