Export errors ;-(

Posted by chill 
Export errors ;-(
June 04, 2005 02:32PM
I'm trying to export a sequence from FCP HD with the Export Using Quicktime Conversion command and something is not working properly. At first, it appears as though the clip will be saved properly but after the conversion occurs an error message appears (File I/O error). I have tried restarting my computer and repairing my disk permissions, and I still keep getting the same message.

I am using the DV setting (medium quality) with audio set to 48Khz, and I am running QT 6.5.2 Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Re: Export errors ;-(
June 04, 2005 05:23PM
Any chance you're putting a "/" character in the export file name? If not, then it's time to confirm adequate available disk space on the drive you're exporting to, and repairing permissions.

There are other things, but those are the simple ones.

Scott
June 04, 2005 05:32PM
Thanks. I have repaired disk permissions and checked to make certain I have enough drive space. My file names correspond with my reel numbers ( I am trying to burn DVDs of my footage so my colleagues can see what material we have for our documentary project.) Any other suggestions?
June 04, 2005 06:02PM
Try exporting it to another disk and see if it works. We gotta narrow this down.
June 04, 2005 08:40PM
i/O errors are often hardware related. If you don't have another disk to try, move the project to another computer if you can and see if it works ok there.

Is the project running off an external drive?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics