Still picture exporting

Posted by carl Whitney 
Still picture exporting
June 04, 2005 07:53PM
I recently put together some still photos, 170 or so, into the timeline and edited a piece to some music.

The photos are IMG_3604.JPG about 1.3 mb in size.

When I export them is there a correct way?

I thought it would export as a quicktime movie like a video timeline.

The export turned into a .mov, but idvd will not burn it.

I assume it is the export and not idvd since all other dvds I burn work fine if I have edited a regular dv movie.

Thanks

Carl

Re: Still picture exporting
June 04, 2005 08:29PM
The .mov should work fine. What is the problem you are having in iDVD? Does it give you an error code? Can you describe your workflow between fcp and iDVD?
Hi Jude,

Thanks for you response.

The error code I get is The error #-34506 was reported?

I looked on the macintosh website and searched this code. I found some discussions, a few, but they did not seem to make sense for my question.

I did finally squeak a version of my .mov out but I exported it to tape and brought it back in through the capture in final cut. Although I have a dvd of the piece it is not usable. The picture are pixelated, especially through the transitions.

"mac help" suggested putting the movie into imovie first to export to idvd. I will try that today.

Is there anything you can think might be the problem?

I have tried this on an imac 1GHz 768 ram and a G5 dual gig 3 gig ram.

Carl

PS I dumped the moviev, 11min, to a dv tape and made a copy onto a home dvd recorder. Panasonic +R recorder. Not as fancy a disc but it played on a few machines.
June 05, 2005 09:12AM
It would help if you gave us the settings you used for exporting a movie. Once those stills are in FCP and in a sequence, and if you can play and render them in FCP, then practically all that matters is how your sequence is set up. Also, did you make sure your QuickTime movie is independent?

iDVD is temperamental; that's why I switched to DVD Studio Pro.
June 05, 2005 08:54PM
Also, maybe you could try a different file in iDVD to see if the problem is there or in FCP. There are a lot of steps along the way that could be part of the problem.

I'm a bit confused as to where you get the error code. Is it in FCP or in iDVD?
I have burned several DVDs in idvd before and since then.

The error code happens when the encoding process is complete.

Recently I was able to burn a disk from a reimported file of the movie, but the images are very pixelated.

I will continue to try different exporting options. So far no luck.

I am now trying a PAL DVD too.

Sending it to europe.

Carl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics