will this PROCESSOR upgrade work with FCP5

Posted by gev 
gev
will this PROCESSOR upgrade work with FCP5
June 10, 2005 05:03AM
foy my colleague who has G4 533 (Digital Audio )- planning to UPGRADE with OWC Mercury Extreme G4/933MHz-1GHz version for doing docu edits with FCP 5 & bit of live type & Motion ( of course for motion i need to add ATI Radeon 9600 4X 64MB ) . all these comes about 315 $ .
so any views comments or guidance . trying to save some money instead of going for G5 or non-upgradable iMAC s.
TIA -gev

thanks for those who SHARE-gev
Re: will this PROCESSOR upgrade work with FCP5
June 10, 2005 10:19AM
Motion won't load on that box even with an upgraded CPU bcause it knows what the original speed of the box was. No one I know of has found a way to fool the installer yet.

Don't both with the 9600 ATI card either. The only card for the G4 with a 4x AGP video slot is the ATI Radeon 9800 Mac Edition with 128 MB VRAM (well that is for using Motion) which you can't anyhow!
gev
June 11, 2005 12:39AM
hai. thanks john. by the way any other TIP to get motion on those G4s like 733 or 867...let us know . TIA .

thanks for those who SHARE-gev
it's true, you can by pass videocard check not box check , even with a upgraded Proc /

guess why apple do that ?
June 11, 2005 09:40AM
Motion 1 needs a G4 that was an 867 MHz system and the best video card available (that I am aware of) is the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition (4x AGP)with Panther and QuickTime 6.5

Motion 2 will load on the same minimal system but needs Tiger and QuickTime 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics