Sending Project to the States

Posted by S. Jonson 
Hi

Got a feature, PAL, finished with FCPHD, and has been put through DVDSP for making Discs. We need to get a copy to someone ASAP to the States and were wondering is PAL/NTSC difference still applies to DVDS with region codes and all.

Any suggestions on the best route to convert if I even need to convert the piece again? We have the whole film as one QUICKTIME export as well, what is the best route
FCP, COMPRESSOR, or DVDSP?

Paranoid Sven
Re: Sending Project to the States
June 15, 2005 07:54PM
Get Graeme Nattress' pal to NTSC filter for FCP. Convert the FCP file then burn that as a DVD.

[www.nattress.com]

Ian
Can't afford it, what other option do I have?
June 15, 2005 09:59PM
If you have Final Cut Studio, you could use Compressor 2. Or you could have your stateside person watch the show on a computer or a PAL capable DVD player. You could actually drop the sequence into an NTSC sequence and render. However, the video will look like crap and stutter on an NTSC TV.

Otherwise, AFAIK, you're SOL. sad smiley

- Justin Barham -
June 16, 2005 08:13AM
Compressor 2 does work at it's full settings, but at 4h30m for a conversion of a 1 minute video, it's rather slow.....

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
As stated in my original post I have FCPHD not 5, therefore i don't have Compressor 2.

I was told PAL/NTSC didnt make a difference with dvds, and that region code was the only thing.?

Sven
June 16, 2005 01:15PM
<<Compressor 2 does work at it's full settings, but at 4h30m for a conversion of a 1 minute video, it's rather slow.....>>

That's more than slow. That's practically useless.

<<I was told PAL/NTSC didnt make a difference with dvds, and that region code was the only thing.?>>

It's video like any other SD video.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics