Lafcp Clips & Tricks Of The Month

Posted by J.Corbett 
Hey, We are editors right?!? so this means that we are always trying new things and waiting for opportunities to use it. So why dont we have a page with maybe 20clips 30sec - 1.5min clips of things we have done or things that someone else one that we think are like really original, really good. or really useful.
Like have 4 catagories 5 clips each
catagory 1. Goergeous Text
catagory 2. Scenes/ openings
catagory 3. Camera Angles
catagory 4. Hot Tips

It Could have a pithy desciptions of what we are looking at or the process that took place. they wouldnt even really have ta change but once a month.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???
Re: Lafcp Clips & Tricks Of The Month
June 18, 2005 03:03AM
I like it, but there should be a text description of how it was done so we can learn from them.

-Mike
June 18, 2005 05:57AM
What about clip exchanging?
I have good shoots of Croatian landscapes, sea, people, little bit of everything that may be interesting for music video, docs...
Hope that is not so bad idea since we all have fast internet connections.

Jupi
-----
Kreativni odjel d.o.o. - tr?i?ne komunikacije i multimedijska produkcija
Koblerov trg 1, 51000 Rijeka
tel. 051 / 323 636 (10 - 22 h)
mob. 098 / 98 28 166
www.kreativni.hr
Good Idea--Jay
June 18, 2005 08:17AM
Or you could post your favourite clip of the month. Mine this month was a wonderful c/u of the review motorbike of the week losing control, sliding off the track in a shower of sparks and slamming into the three square tiny metres in which the review *car* of the week was parked.

Laugh. Bloody hell. If the EP would let me it would be on Funniest Home Videos already.

Disclaimer : No animals were seriously injured in this accident. Not even the motorcycle riding kind of animals.

I think the problem with the idea though is storage space. Someone has to pay for all that space and traffic.
June 18, 2005 12:42PM
These are all great ideas. Problem is I dont have the bandwidth if it becomes successful and I'd like this to be contained on this site rather than pointed to another. However, let me look into the cost of implementing something like this and I'll see if I can afford it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
That's the spirit, Michael!

Hey, that showcase section could include credits for the LAFCPUG sponsors that would help underwrite it. Have a nice weekend!

Alberto
Great idea. I hope Michael can come up with a solution to the cost issues.

Harry
Have stock footage companies pony up for the bandwidth. Make 'em pay for the privilege.
>>>> I'll see if I can afford it.

hey dude if ya need it i would be willing to send a small ration of help in the form of money. ey am sure that i am not the only one who would want to. i wish there was a way of doing it for free but none of my ideas ever seem to be free...

>>>> What about clip exchanging?

clip exchange is nice if the clips are duty free and doesnt violate copywrite. I am always looking for footage and i know i aint the only person tired of paying for footage i could have gotten on vacation:-)

>>>>I like it, but there should be a text description of how it was done so we can learn from them.

yeah thats what eye had in mind. text is nice but sometimes seeing the actual end result does alot. and a desciption in some cases may help solve problem and styling issues with another project or give inspiration for another.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the format for how to is just an idea if you guys have other ideas that would work better let's get them in and put this to action.
June 18, 2005 04:42PM
>>>> What about clip exchanging?

>> clip exchange is nice if the clips are duty free and doesnt violate copywrite. I am always looking for footage and i know i aint the only person tired of paying for footage i could have gotten on vacation:-)

That's the general idea... we could make some "member" place of lafcpug to exchange video material for free. And YES material MUST be duty free with no violation of the copywrite.
If it is possible to include credits at the end roll ok, for me is not obligatory (depends of the author).

Jupi
-----
Kreativni odjel d.o.o. - tr?i?ne komunikacije i multimedijska produkcija
Koblerov trg 1, 51000 Rijeka
tel. 051 / 323 636 (10 - 22 h)
mob. 098 / 98 28 166
www.kreativni.hr
June 19, 2005 01:31PM
> If it is possible to include credits at the end roll ok, for me is not obligatory
> (depends of the author).

I think full disclosure of chain of titles on clips should be obligatory for the file trading. I seriously doubt LAFCPUG would want copyright lobbyists breathing down its neck.
March 22, 2013 04:40PM
LOVE that idea and agree with Mike who requests the essential 'how I did that' instructions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics