Time Remap

Posted by Eric G. 
Time Remap
June 24, 2005 04:47PM
Up until now I haven't experienced any problems time remapping. Suddenly, after rendering, my clip turns solid green. What's going on!?
Re: Time Remap
June 24, 2005 05:19PM
By the way, to make problems worse, time remapping is now completely disfunctional. Can't figure out what's going on. I'm using a 800 MHz Powerbook w/ 1GB of RAM.
June 24, 2005 06:25PM
Time remapping has been suspect in the past. When you say it turned green do you mean that the frame has a green tint to it, or is it a solid green or what? When you say completely dysfunctional, what do you mean by that? Is there an error; what are the specifics? Remember, we are not in your edit bay with you so you have to provide us with a context that allows us to visualize what might be going on.

Andy
June 24, 2005 08:47PM
Andy-
The entire clip was turning solid green after rendering. What I mean by dysfunctional is, after applying changes in the time remap window, now, I don't even have the option to render out my moves. Nothing happens...nada. Hope this clears things up. Thanks for any suggestions.
June 25, 2005 11:30AM
I always just razor the clip and then apply speed to one side. Time Remap and Variable Speed suck. They should just allow us to do a filter with keyframes (eg. the Too Much Too Soon Speeder filter).
June 25, 2005 11:51PM
Hmm. It certainly sounds like you got something wierd going on there. Here's a couple of things you can try to see if you can zero in on the problem. Start a new project and digitize a single clip. Lay it in the timeline and see if you can use the Time Remap function. If you can't, then it's likely that the functionality has taken a dive. I would start by trashing your preferences and see if functionality returns.

However, if Time Remapping works in your new project with your new clip, then you may have the far more troublesome "corrupt project, or sequence". If that's the case you need to find out which it is. Start by creating a new sequence in the same project, and laying a clip into it. Try the time remap function. If it doesn't work, try creating a new project and importing some of the clips from your current project and trying the same thing. If it doesn't work then your clips (some or all) are corrupt. If it works, then it's likely your project is corrupt.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics