Deck Repair in LA

Posted by Grant Keiner 
Deck Repair in LA
June 26, 2005 11:00AM
I recently discovered that my DSR-11 is having problems playing back. Not all the time but intermitently. I tried clening the heads with one of those tapes but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Can anyone recommend a good deck repair place in LA. I searched the forum and someone mentioned LunaTek and VTR services. Anyone else have experience with these two companies?

Any other recommendations?

Also what should I expect to pay for just the initial diagnosis?

Is there a way to know what is a reasonable price for repairs?

Thanks
Re: Deck Repair in LA
June 26, 2005 11:53AM
I trust the subcontractor who works for VMI in Sacramento. His name is Don Fugima, 916-369-6911. I don?t know what I will do when he retires for the second time.

Shawn Bockoven
June 26, 2005 05:10PM
Hiya:

VTR Service is good, I have used them since the S-VHS and 3/4" days. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for when it comes to stuff like this.

Best,

Dan
June 27, 2005 12:01AM
I have been using VTR Services for several years now. You can trust them to get the repair done right. The first time.
Greg Kozikowski
June 27, 2005 12:07AM

We use Video Clinic on Wilshire in Santa Monica. I think it's $70 or $80 for the diagnosis which is then applied to the repair.

I think they're still a Sony authorized repair center. And yes, they handle all our 3/4, VHS, etc. etc.

Koz
June 27, 2005 03:50PM
I wasn't happy with Luna Tech. I now take my DSR-11 deck and DSR-300A camera to SHOCKHOUSE LABS. They are excellent. Tony SOnnenstine, 729 Seward (Melrose and Highland) 323-462-4499.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics