Slide show

Posted by Dean 
Slide show
July 14, 2005 11:27AM
I would just like some ideas on duration for images on a slide show. I'm thinking on average about 5 seconds per image should be about right. I realize it depends on how many image there are and how long I want the show to last but I have a very short time to do this so it doesn't have to be that great. I'm doing it for a friend. I think I have about 200 images. And thanks to Steve Martin and LAFCPUG for the insert with transition tip from the I think it was the Feb 2002 meeting.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Re: Slide show
July 14, 2005 12:04PM
it depends on a lot of things. will there be a person narrating the slideshow? is there a soundtrack? is the show going to loop? how much information is there in each image? whats the goal of the show?

as an average, i think 3 to 4 seconds of static state for an image may be fine
July 14, 2005 12:04PM
Oh I forgot. Also BIG thanks to Loren Miller for the Scan Guide.
I hope I spelled your name right Loren.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 14, 2005 12:15PM
When i make slide shows about five seconds seems to do just fine (keepin mind i am by no means an expert) i also have music (a soundtrack) behind them and they work pretty good at five seconds

Sean
July 14, 2005 07:49PM
Four to five seconds would be my bet. I'd also put some subtle motion on each picture even if it's intended to be still. A very gradual pan/tilt/zoom makes each picture last a lot longer before it gets on the nerves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics