BETA DECK PROBLEM

Posted by Cavan 
BETA DECK PROBLEM
July 24, 2005 05:46PM
We have a Sony Betacam SP deck UVW-1800 we logged a bunch of large beta tapes and it worked fine, we then logged footage from a small tape (which logged fine) but when we went to log the larger tapes again the deck won't accept them the tape will go in 95% of the way but won't go all the way in. it is flashing an error code of 21 1c1. Just wondering if anyone has encoutered this before or has a solution

Greg Kozikowski
Re: BETA DECK PROBLEM
July 24, 2005 09:46PM

Beta decks use the size of the cassette traveling in the tape elevator and tripping little levers here and there to tell the machine how large the tape is.

If the smaller of the tapes reset these settings (successfully??) and one or more of the levers and trip wires got stuck, the machine would not know how to handle a larger tape.

Put the little tape in and out several times and then try a largert tape again. That exercise may knock something loose.

If that fails, you have little choice but to open the machine. Put the smaller tape in again and what what happens. Then put the larger tape in and watch where it gets stuck.

It's also possible that one of the optical positioning sensors failed. That's means a serious repair trip. Have you tried turning the machine off and unplugging it? Count to ten and plug it all back in again.

Koz
Re: BETA DECK PROBLEM
July 25, 2005 05:40PM
My old BetaSp deck used to do the same....

I would take it to my local repair shop, give em $20 bucks, and it came back working great. After like 5 times, I finally asked the guy... "what do you do?"

He said... "see the gears where the swing arms come apart. They get dry. I just squeeze some lube on there and it works fine."

So I went out and bought a tube of Sony lube and did it myself from then on.

Give it a try!
Re: BETA error 21-1c1
November 02, 2005 03:58PM
hello i have an uvw-1800 with this error when i feed a small beta it loads it and then sends it back with the error on the display?? im in florida any suggestions?
Re: BETA error 21-1c1
November 02, 2005 04:34PM
I hate to admit it but after all of the suggestions and calling diferent tech support places we fixed it by ejecting it over and over again and feeling around inside until i think we reset the tape size manually, Haven't had a problem since but when it was going on it was a complete pain in the ass. Wish I could be more help but good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics