A tall and skinny problem :-(

Posted by chill 
A tall and skinny problem :-(
July 27, 2005 06:06PM
Okay, maybe I get the dumb bunny of the year award, but I am having a devil of a time getting my 16:9 anamorphic sequence (clips are anamorphic and sequence is anamorphic) to convert to 4:3 letterbox. I have tried, repeatedly, following all of the instructions available in my user's manual and on the web. Basically, I have created a duplicate copy of my anamorphic project. Dragged this copy from my browser to the Overwrite box on the canvas and dropped it into a 4:3 timeline. I have checked the settings on my new timeline and yes they are set to 4:3. I render the entire sequence but when I play it back on my NTSC monitor there is no letterbox and everyone still looks tall and skinny. When I flip over to the 16:9 display then of course all of the images look fine.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I know this must be user error but I just can't seem to determine where I am going astray. Thanks!
Drop it into the 4:3 sequence...then double click on the 16x9 sequence to get it into the VIEWER. Go to the Motion tab and select DISTORT. Distort it by -33 and it will letterbox it for you.
Check the Anamorphic column of your 16:9 Sequence. Maybe you clicked it off by mistake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics