Apple's New Mighty Mouse

Posted by Bruce Devereux 
Apple's New Mighty Mouse
August 02, 2005 08:04AM
Any ideas on how Apple's new mouse will work with Final Cut Pro?
Re: Apple's New Mighty Mouse
August 02, 2005 10:10AM
It should work just fine. It will be interesting to see how it feels in your hand though. I think if you use an Apple Mouse now it might be great. If you have been using say a Kensington mouse it might not feel that great. Myself I don't like the mice with buttons on the side. Some people do.
I have been using a 3 button mouse with FCP for years and I could never go back to a one button mouse. I'm glad to see Apple finally offers one.

In FCP a right click is the same as a control click and the scroll wheel is great for scrolling around bins with lots of files or zooming through video
August 02, 2005 03:08PM
Probably the biggest single factor discouraging people from switching to the Mac. Their primitive one button mouse sold people on the impression that a company that packaged their computers with such a inadequate mouse could not possibly have any technical savvy.

This effort brings them half way into the modern world in the mouse dept.

Dave
August 02, 2005 04:44PM
I gotta tell ya, I love the one-button mouse. Though I also love the scroll wheel, I like the responsiveness of the one-button optical mouse -- no cleaning, no frantic clicking, no stuck buttons slowing me down. I do a two-handed operation at all times (left hand keyboard) and have never found the lack of right-clicking to be a hindrance. I used to have a Dell desktop and only rarely used the second button. The scroll wheel, though, is definitely a bonus.
ZX
August 02, 2005 05:00PM
Hi all.

I have never heard of Apple's mouse design causing people to not want to switch to one. If anything, I have heard of people's not wanting to switch because they feel that they can get a computer for less that will do the same thing. More often than not, what I see as a preventor is people's unwillingness to learn a new system.

As far as technical saavy, Apple puts a lot of R&D into its design. To date, you still can not boot a PC from a FireWire drive ;-)

Also, Apple users do not suffer the madness that some PC users suffer. At least, that's why I switched, and I have never looked back.

But seriously, a very long time ago, I remember a discussion on why Apple chose to go with a one-button mouse. If I remember correctly, I believe that at that time, Apple felt that a multi-button mouse was unnecessary. Whether right or wrong, millions of people still chose Apple.

-Z
August 05, 2005 03:39AM
At one time Steve thought Apple keyboard shortcuts were unnecessary.

Still, this item will be SO cool when it goes wireless.

A 360-degree fingerball! Who'da thunk?

Can't wait!

Meanwhile, Logitech Cordless Clik! rules.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Set your custom layouts by pressing
Option>Windows>Arrange>Set Custom Layout.
Access your custom layouts 1 & 2 with Shift & Option-U!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics