turning off border

Posted by Tom 
Tom
turning off border
August 07, 2005 09:26AM
Been a while since I've been on my FCP4 ... I'm loading clips into timeline and they all have a border on them and it needs to be rendered. I don't want it! What have I done here? I can't find the off button in any window. And NO, the original clip does not have it! Thanks!

Re: turning off border
August 07, 2005 09:40AM
Have you got the footage or the timeline set to anamorphic? Check in the browser for a tick in the anamorphic column.

If the footage is 16:9, both the sequence and the clip should have the anamorphic setting checked. If its 4:3, both should be unchecked.

If none of this makes sense, try setting up a new sequence and see if that helps.
August 07, 2005 10:23AM
Tom, describe the "border". What colour is it? On which side of the clips?

If it *is* because of a wrong 16:9 setting as Jude suggests, your footage would be stretched height-wise, distorted.

Did you perhaps set your capture settings to 640x480 for DV? DV should be captured 720x480.
August 07, 2005 12:07PM
Check in the "Filters" menu on the top of the viewer and make sure you don't have borders set up. If so, uncheck it for each clip.
Tom
August 07, 2005 12:11PM
Thanks guys ... it's not an anamorphic problem. And I set up a new sequence and it still does it. It's a black border all the way around in the Canvas window but NOT in the viewer window. It's like there's some setting I can't find that's putting a border on everything.
August 07, 2005 12:26PM
Also check the scale (size in the canvas), your cips may be a bit small to fill the entire frame so you need to scale them up a bit.
August 07, 2005 12:45PM
Check your captured frame size -- select a clip and press APPLE-9 to check your capture settings. Now check your Sequence Settings (APPLE-0). Most likely the Sequence is a larger frame size than your clip. Scaling up the clips won't get rid of the problem -- you'll need to set the Sequence Settings exactly the same as your clip settings if you don't want to render.
Tom
August 07, 2005 01:01PM
sorry guys - thanks for help. Just can't figure it out ... 2 1/2 hours of pure frustration ... guess it's back to good 'ol iMovie!
August 07, 2005 02:23PM
Maybe canvas window is set to smaller than-- Fit to Window--
--to change--button at top left of canvas window-
select -- Fit to window at top of list--Jay--
August 07, 2005 05:07PM
it's a setting problem.

put the clips, and the sequnce in a new bin.
open it up all the way.
go along each column, checking for differences between clip and sequence.
you'll find it

nick

Tom
August 07, 2005 09:42PM
Nick,

Thank you - thank you THANK YOU!! Great trouble shooting idea!!!!!! Got it working - no borders. Want my first born?? Actually, I think we'll keep him ... but you got first dibs on the next one ...

Tom
August 08, 2005 05:19PM
aw, shuks, keep 'em all!
curious, what WAS the issue?

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics