Chromo

Posted by NaylorM 
Chromo
August 19, 2005 11:28PM
I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with getting a crisp and clean chromo Key. I have tried everythign in teh chromo functions, and the suppressor. I either got an orange line or a line and was happy with niether.
Again, if anyone has experoence with extracting a crisp sharp chromo please share your technique.

Thanks
NaylorM

M Naylor
Re: Chromo
August 20, 2005 12:56AM
You mean Chroma Key?

FCP isn't really an effects application at heart, so if you're looking for really good keying, you probably don't want to do it in FCP. But without telling us anything about your footage, settings and so on, there's no way anybody can tell you how to "extract a crisp sharp chroma".
Re: Chromo
August 20, 2005 09:50AM
Motion has some keying abilities but if you need really robust keying effects you are going to need to use After Effects or Combustion (or Shake)

FCP has chroma and luma keys but they are not as good as the popular compositing tools versions. Some folks do very well with them but it takes time and patience inside of FCP.

Also depends on the material you are using - DV 4:1:1 is not as capable of using keys on as 4:2:2 Beta.
Re: Chroma
August 20, 2005 08:53PM
We use the "Ultimatte" plug in with FCP. It's expensive ($1,500. approx), but is really an awesome keyer. One click any you're done.

If you're looking for a crisp and clean key, this will do it... and quick!

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics