Speed Vision high speed camera

Posted by James T 
Speed Vision high speed camera
August 21, 2005 03:52AM
I am editing footage shot on a "Speed Vision" camera capable of shooting up to 100,000 fps with resolution up to 1080 X 1520. Now I understand this is a bit of an overkill for a "Hummer" commercial. Were only shooting up to 250 fps.

Heres where it gets tricky, It records directly to a hard drive and puts each shot in seperate folders with single frames in tiff files. Is there a way to compress these files in a different format (not in FCP 5) so i dont have to do all the rendering if FCP 5?

maybe there is another trick. Thanks for any help guys.
I had footage from that same camera...fiming an explosion from 2 angles. What the technicians who shot the footage did was convert their image into a Quicktime movie, ANIMATION codec...lossless...and burned it onto a couple data DVDs. I then used QT to export that footage into an 8-bit codec that I could then work with on my end.

But I needed them to do it. Nothing on my Mac could read the raw files they attempted to give me.
Re: Speed Vision high speed camera
August 21, 2005 09:59AM
That's interesting, Shane -- I was wondering why the Mac refused to read the files if they're TIFFs.
Re: Speed Vision high speed camera
August 21, 2005 07:18PM
thanks shane...

only FCP will read my tiff files. i have been trying to compress them into dvcpro 50, only its not letting me. Is it because the tiff files are 4:4:4(im not quite sure if they are) or what?

do you know how the tech got the animation codec?
I don't know what the techs did to make it work. I just told them "These files aren't working for me guys" and they asked "well what will?" and I said "animation codec quicktime files....and not .avi" and they said "OK."

Then I got what I needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics