Sounds
August 28, 2005 04:49PM
I'm looking for a sound effects library, to buy. There seem to be many on the market, but I don't want to get some cheesy cheap sounding one, like where every effect is done with a synth or some guy making noises with his mouth.
Any recommendations?
Thanks -
Luna Antonioni
Re: Sounds
August 28, 2005 04:54PM
hollywoodedge.com is a really good one

soundrangers.com is ok too. you can buy things one-off and theyre super cheap. you have to sort through a good big of crap but there are a good number of jems there.
August 28, 2005 05:11PM
I've always liked the BBC Sound Library:

[www.sound-ideas.com]

These things cost a fortune! I don't own this set; I used it for a couple of films where the public lab had these available, and they worked very well. Online downloads, unfortunately, often sound pretty awful, but I sometimes peruse them when I need a short effect that isn't too far up front in the mix.

Post Edited (08-28-05 15:11)

www.derekmok.com
August 28, 2005 08:18PM
I like Sound Ideas. The general 6000 series has served me very well for quite a few years. Apple used many of Sound Ideas effects in Soundtrack...or at least that's the rumour. About five years ago, the 34 cd's ran around two grand. They've added an extension to the series a couple years ago for about a grand more.
August 28, 2005 09:28PM
You can't beat Sounddogs.com - kicks a$$:

[www.sounddogs.com]

I bought their "Holiday Pack" last year for $11 and I use it all the time. High quality, affordable.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics