Linking Digi deck to FCP

Posted by Phil Staines 
Linking Digi deck to FCP
August 30, 2005 03:34AM
No matter how I try I cannot get a frame accurate master onto digi from FCP 4.5 - nothing seems to work, it does not link with deck servo - Phil London
Re: Linking Digi deck to FCP
August 30, 2005 03:50AM
What capture card are you using? What format is your timeline?
August 30, 2005 09:58AM
The Card is Blackmagic and the sequence is set for that. I have got it to work at last but how fiddly - the first bump in the road I have found on FCP 4.5
August 30, 2005 06:06PM
I noticed that you get an error from the edit to tape that says "cannot lock deck servo" when you set your in point in your timeline on a transition, including the first frame of a fade up... which is typical if you are inserting at 1:00:00:00, also, if you are working in 10 bit, I have heard that it doesn't like a null video either (nothing in the sequence) and you should fill all gaps with a 10 bit black PSD file.
August 30, 2005 11:08PM
Hey Phil, for future searchers, what did you have to do to get the process working? What equipment did you use and how did you hook it up?
August 31, 2005 03:14AM
To master to digi, I set the deck to internal TC then nested the sequence that is going to tape - I laid down some black with the starting TC in there, went into edit to tape (mastering) placed the nested sequence in assemble in the Edit to tape window and the technology did the rest...what a relief.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics