stupid g4 won't turn on

Posted by digitalfilmmaker 
stupid g4 won't turn on
August 31, 2005 06:01PM
i was modificating the authorization access options(on the applications HD) and i accidently prohibited access to my own account then the whole thing started buggin and i turned it off. when i try to turn it on again i get the little multicolor wheel turning around and that's about.i turned it off and on a trillion time i still get the same scenario...
Re: stupid g4 won't turn on
August 31, 2005 06:39PM
You might consider booting from the system DVD, access Disk Utility and invoke Repair Permissions from there. Then try a reboot.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Paste Overwrite- Command-V.
Paste INSERT- Shift- V!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
Greg Kozikowski
August 31, 2005 07:09PM

<<<i accidently prohibited access to my own account>>>

The upside is you'll never do that again.

The heavy OSX people make a day-to-day User Account that's different from The Administrator. Now you know why they do that.

There are seriously different opinions on whether or not the Operating System should let you "give away your own account." The proponents of letting the operator do whatever they want tend to end up with a lean/mean operating system with few bugs.

The Protect The User At all Costs camp end up with a very much larger Operating System that sometimes matches a Get Out Of Jail card with magic, oddball bugs.

I've seen people try to program human nature out of software and it ain't pretty.

Koz
August 31, 2005 11:41PM
another reason not to operate a computer while drinking...

just kidding guys!
September 01, 2005 02:32AM
"You might consider booting from the system DVD, access Disk Utility and invoke Repair Permissions from there. Then try a reboot"

what if i lost my system cd?
September 01, 2005 02:59AM
What did you do, STEAL the thing?
Kidding...seriously...kidding. :^)

Call Apple. They might sell you a replacement CD set for a few bucks (say about $30).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics