choosing university/college that use mac

Posted by Panaga 
Greetings!

My name is Jonas and im about to move from sweden to america and study. I have not yet choosen wich place to start educate myself yet. My goal is to find some kind of media program. It would be really nice if that collage/university uses mac and apples software for editing video.

Im thinking of Florida or California. The lifestyle in Florida is less expensive so that is importent too.

To make it more complicated, my girlfriend is looking for a nursing program. So we must find a college/university that is the same or close to each other so we can both live in the same apartment.

So my question is: Is there such a college/university in Florida or California?
How about Indianapolis?

Butler University is located in Indy, we have a strong program in media arts and are entirely Mac-based.

The University of Indianapolis is about ten miles away and has one of the top nursing programs in the country.

john
Re: choosing university/college that use mac
September 06, 2005 03:08PM
I'm curious why you would want to focus on a particular computing platform rather than where to get the best education?
Re: choosing university/college that use mac
September 06, 2005 03:17PM
Ditto.

But I would like to point out UCLA...great film program, great medical and nursing program.

Although it doesn't fit in your CHeap catagory
Oh boy.. we all get to tout our Alumni and hometowns... here's my 2 cents...

Drexel University in Philadelphia PA is where I got my education.

Philly is a great place to be a medium fish in a medium sea. The film community is small enough that everyone knows everyone, yet large enough that there is work for anyone who wants it. It is a great stepping stone to NY of even LA. Plus, being a foot town means you don't need a car! And cost of living is much lower than most cities. Plus you can't beat all the history and culture of one of America's first cities!

Besides Drexel, there is University of Pennsylvania (an Ivy League school), Temple University, and a boatload of other schools that offer film studies as well as nursing.

One cool selling point for Drexel is it has mandatory co-op... which means you go to school for 6 months, then you work in your field of study for six months. The downside is it can take up to 5 years to get some degrees, and you never get a real "summer break". But who needs one, when you can have three jobs on your resume before you even get your degree!

Boy are you going to a have fun going through all these posts... Good Luck!
Thanks for all respond from you all.

Now, the reason why i wish it to be a mac platform is that my passion is simply mac. To work in an creative enviroment is very important for me. Wether it is a journalism, art director or video editor that im working with in the future, it is importent that I have an creative platform. I cant tell how frustrated Im working with windows at my current work. Its not the "Title" or the "money" im living for. Its the lifestyle that matters.

Regards
Jonas
what exactly do you want to do with your education? that might open you geographical options a bit
Wayne G: I wish to study Mass communicaton. After that Im going to choose a major, not really sure wich yet. Today I do weddingvideo here in Sweden. I also work at Telia, the biggest telecom company in Sweden. I work in a shop, helping people to choose solution on either cellphone, fixed or internet. I could end up as some sort of journalism or art director. But it has to be something creative. I simply cant work in a factory for instance.

I have a studio that I will bring to us. With that I can produce DVD productions. It includes dv cam, computer, printer and alot more. But im not permitted to work the first year sence im a student. But later on i might start my own company or do freelance...

/Jonas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics