Media won't come online?

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
Media won't come online?
September 18, 2005 07:25PM
Alright, I just finished moving a bunch of files around and cleaning up my computer. I then oppened up one of my projects and all the Motion backgrounds were checkered (meaning that they were offline). I expected this and thought "No problem, I'll just reconnect them".

So, I right click on the sequence and select "reconnect media". The Reconnect media window pops up and I had one file that I had to look for (I found it), and then 69 motion files that it found and kicked down into the second half of the window (I hope you can picture what I'm talking about). So then I hit the "connect" button.

I got a spinning beach ball for about a second and then it was done. The only problem was that all my Motion BG were still checkered - like it hadn't done anything! Any clues to what's going on? Why won't they reconnect? I tried saving, closing out, and then oppening back up again; but nothing had changed.

I'm possitive that I didn't delete any Motion documents, save one duplicate.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: Media won't come online?
September 19, 2005 07:23AM
Anyone?

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
September 19, 2005 10:17PM
p-p-please he-help meeeee! Ahggggg... gurgle, gurgle...

September 19, 2005 10:57PM
Okay, I solved part of my problem. I discovered that I have to re-connect my media in Motion as well.

The only problem is when I find the file that I need (Vocal Warm-up-FIN-0000011c) its greyed out. I'm unable to select it. Anyone ever come across this?

I'm dying here, any suggestions are appreciated.

September 20, 2005 12:31AM
could it be that the referenced file was the duplicate that you deleted?
September 20, 2005 02:46AM
Is there a checkbox for "exact name"? If so, uncheck it and select your file.

Andy
September 20, 2005 08:36AM
Cameron, I made sure that I didn't delete any motion files.

I'll have to check on that Andy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics