"Traffic" at last night's LAFCPUG meeting

Posted by mark raudonis 
"Traffic" at last night's LAFCPUG meeting
September 29, 2005 09:06AM
Last night I saw the future!

At the LAFCPUG meeting last night there was a demo of a new, standalone product called "Traffic". Here's the URL to check it out: [xmedit.com]

Drawing on the concept of "node based editing", this program takes an entirely different approach to working with FCP. Using the XML export feature, you export a sequence, project, or bin, to "Traffic". You can then can do things simply impossible in a timeline. It's too extensive to describe here, so I'd strongly suggest you check out their demo online.

"Nodes" are common with many of the high end programs like "Shake", "Flame", etc. To have this function available on a program like FCP is truly remarkable. My thanks to Mr. Horton for recognizing the significance of this program and arranging for the premiere at last night's event.

mark
Re: "Traffic" at last night's LAFCPUG meeting
September 29, 2005 09:47AM
Mark, how did I miss you at the meeting? Oh, yeah, I was busy video taping it.

While I found it interesting, and it did have many cool features, I am already overwhelmed by having to know FCP, Livetype, learning Motion, knowing how to online and CC...and now possibly trying to tackle Soundtrack.

Don't think I will use the lower third option. I want mine to look a little better than that.

But to be fair that poor fellow did BREEZE thru it...due to time constraints.

Darn that broken timecode Node...!
September 29, 2005 10:05AM
mark,

Nice to see an Editor appreciates nodes smiling smiley

It is an FX Artist's medium that is very powerful and will totally frustrate most old school editors to the point of changing careers (like Avid did to On-line Editors).

I, too, believe this is a very important item. Gotta keep up or be left behind winking smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

I was thinking Where's the Widget? You saw the close box had a widget look to them. I don't have any idea what a widget could do for you but it still looked like it should have one.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2005 03:22PM
yeah, this will be tough to get my head around but the possibilties here are endless. Very impressive stuff here.

God...I've got to learn another app. Sheesh

Max
September 29, 2005 04:14PM
Have they said what the list price will be for this new fun toy?
Anonymous User
September 29, 2005 04:17PM
$299.00

Max
September 29, 2005 04:23PM
That seems pretty reasonable...I'll have to start a new penny-collecting jar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics