DV back to HDV

Posted by drceballos 
DV back to HDV
October 04, 2005 03:16PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help. I have a project that was shot with a Sony HDV camera and i imported the footage into my computer, using version 4.5, with the i-link function on. Which i believe converts HDV to DV.

Now that i have finished editing my project, is there a way to go back to HDV from my DV footage?

thanks,
DR
Re: DV back to HDV
October 04, 2005 04:10PM
im at school so i cant explain this in detail right now but yes there is. reconnect media with the HDV footage
October 04, 2005 04:21PM
why would you want to do this?
October 04, 2005 06:46PM
If there is a process I would really like to know.

Thanks,
DR
October 04, 2005 06:47PM
The reason we want to go back to HDV is for future broadcasts that require HDV.

Thanks,
DR
October 04, 2005 06:49PM
If the timecode is accurate (not sure if HDV is) you can make the entire project off line....and recapture just what is in your timeline at the higher HDV resolution (you'll need to set your sequence to the HDV resolution....then I assume you can just play out back to HDV..... Andy
October 04, 2005 06:51PM
is anyone broadcasting HDV???? i've never heard of that...
October 04, 2005 11:44PM
Wayne-

Well in a way EVERYONE is broadcasting HDV. It is the same MPEG codec that was designed for HDTV broadcast emission.

I don't know if anyone is accepting projects for broadcast in the format, but what is on tape is pretty much the same as what gets sent out the tower and down the cable.

-Vance
October 05, 2005 12:22AM
ive just yet to hear of ANY cable or broadcast facility that would take an HDV tape...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics