shrinking windows

Posted by Rodrigo 
shrinking windows
October 17, 2005 09:49PM
Hello, I have a G-4 dual 876 w/ mirror door - 768 or so of ram.
I Just upgraded from os10.2.8 to 10.3.2 I have FCP 4.1 Everything runs great , a bit smoother even, but a funny thing happens when I push the F10 key (and other edit keys) to overwrite, all my windows shrink, exposing my desktop. I push it again and it returns to normal, I can make the edit by going command>F10. everything else seems normal. I realize its a softwear issue, but just wondering if it has happened to anybody. and possible solutions.
Thanks much -Rodrigo
Re: shrinking windows
October 17, 2005 09:58PM
Sounds like your new version of osx has expose. Go to system prefs, choose expose and adjust the key commands so that they don't conflict with FCP,

Troy
October 17, 2005 11:46PM
Expose is the devil. I usually just turn all those commands off (set the key command to "-"winking smiley. If you want the desktop, all you have to do is press APPLE-H to hide FCP.
October 18, 2005 07:02AM
that'll only work if FCP is the only app open smiling smiley
also if you have no other folders or windows open at all.

once it's explained, most people i know love expose.
i map it to hot corners.
desktop upper right
all windows lower right
that works for me.

the "All windows" function can be a life saver in FCP, too.
it's not too hard to wind up with a lot of scene bins open.
or needing to refer to the search results window again after you've moved away from it.

nick

October 18, 2005 02:03PM
Troy, Thanks for the quick response and accurate diagnosis , I guess I gotta come up with a more challenging question next time. You guys are great , much respect ..Rodrigo
October 18, 2005 02:07PM
Nick , Thanks for the fast response, I guess I gotta get used to the new OS, good luck with your work, and I much appreciate it--Rodrigo
October 18, 2005 02:12PM
Derekmok , Absolutely correct! -Thanks for takin the time to respond ,I gotta get some better ?'s for next time. Much appreciated _Rodrigo.
October 18, 2005 08:51PM
Respectfully disagree about Expose being "The Devil". I use it all the time and it speeds my workflow, actually. I just map the CMD + CONTROL keys to F9, F10, etc.

Like anything new, it takes practice and some getting used to to take full advantage.

Kevin Monahan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics