G5 info for Novices

Posted by Jonny_Alpha 
G5 info for Novices
November 13, 2005 08:12PM
Hey there, I am really interested in getting a laptop. I have some friends who have used Mac for a long time, and they are pretty persuasive. The fact one of them lent me his old Ibook G4 to check out was very, very cool.

My question, which is one that all you Mac heads are probably sick of, but I need to ask the pro's anyway...is...IS THERE A WHIFF OF A POWERBOOK G5 IN THE AIR?

When researching on the internet through search engines, there is a lot of topics on the matter. They all seem to be dated around the first two weeks in January 2004. Nothing seems to current.

I spoke with a graphic designer today, who buys Mac's for his company a lot and he claimed that there had been a 'whiff' from his distributor that there would be a powerbook G5 in the post after January 16th or so. I quizzed him knowing what a bunch of zealots that the Apple crowd are. His answer cool and collected was 'buy a G4 powerbook, they are hot, but come mid January there will be a new range of G5's'. I was skeptical.

But then I saw that the Powerbook G5 was easily by far and away one of THE most sought after machines around. period.

I have just left university, and I'm interested in buying a machine, which I will have to take a loan out for. But I'm terrified that I will buy a G4 pbook, and almost exactly two months later a G5 will come out.

I know I know, it's the risk you take when buying machinery. But two things are paramount to me 1) I don't have much money to my name so I'd like to spend it all on a machine that can do what I want it to do (HDV anyone?) and 2) I don't go petting a dog without at least asking the expert is it friendly.
(obviously they aren't/can't always be right!) <excuse the metaphor>

Has anyone else got a notion? Is it possible that some guy in a warehouse that distributes Mac's in Britain could be ahead of the pack with accidently releasing information?

Thanks for at least reading,

Jon_A
Anonymous User
Re: G5 info for Novices
November 15, 2005 12:40AM
there will probably never be a G5 Powerbook. Assumptions are the move to the Intel chip will gain the performance boosts Powerbooks so need. But that wont be till at least Summer 06

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics