Beginner looking for advice

Posted by quicksilver8907 
Beginner looking for advice
August 27, 2007 10:05PM
Hey Guys, I am new here and I would like some advice. Currently I am working in a planetarium and multimedia theater at an office of education. I am there multimedia technician. I deal more with still photos than actual video. Eventually I want to edit television shows and/or commercials and/or movies. I want to learn how to use after effects. What tutorials or books or whatever should I get to learn After effects. Also, I am not a mac user currently, is it the industry standard for my type of work. Thanks for any advice guys.
Ty
Re: Beginner looking for advice
August 27, 2007 11:37PM
After Effects works with Windows. If that is what you are comfortable with, then stay there. Creative Cow has numerous AE tutorials for free.

[library.creativecow.net]

Total Training

[www.totaltraining.com]

Lynda.com

[www.lynda.com]

Tons of books

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 27, 2007 11:43PM
Is there any specific tutorials that I should buy???
August 28, 2007 11:01PM
No. It all really depends on what you want to achieve. Go through the tutorials and see which ones interest you. Maybe start with the free ones and work up to the pay ones when you get more familiar with the interface and what you want to do with it.

August 30, 2007 12:46PM
go to your local borders/barnes&noble kind of bookstore. look in the computer section and you'll find easily as many as a half dozen tutorial books.
September 23, 2007 11:17AM
There are some great AE books written by Chris Meyer I can recommend.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics