re: Trailer for 'Indelible'

Posted by derekmok 
re: Trailer for 'Indelible'
September 10, 2007 02:41PM
Been a little quiet around here...here's a trailer for a film we have yet to finish shooting and start editing. The music is just temp while we wait for our composer.

There are two alternative cuts we're working on right now.

[www.derekmok.com]

[www.derekmok.com]

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

www.derekmok.com
Re: re: Trailer for 'Indelible'
September 17, 2007 04:23AM
Hi

I see no comments yet, so I'll share my view.

I liked the second version better because it felt like it held together better.

But because of that scene with the gun "Do it!" I don't know what this film is going to be about. Some disease? Gun crime? The music, I know is temporary, makes me think of the Far East and perhaps it's about cultural clashes?

It looks low budget, nothing wrong in that, but sometimes it feels like the scenes are somewhere from Holby City or Doctors (daytime hospital soaps, I don't know the American equivalent) - I think it's a light problem.

Anyway, the trailer looks professional as a whole it's more of an acting and light problem. Some scenes are strong (with the boy in hospital for example) and the clip has good rhythm.

Matylda
September 17, 2007 09:32AM
Thanks for taking the time to comment, Matylda.

We have an updated version completed.

[www.derekmok.com]

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2007 11:16AM
Derek

This is looking very good.
I am assuming this is offline so I wont be commenting on the graphics or grading.
Threre are just 3 shots I dont like with your whole trailer.
The first three.
Mororcycle, Receiving award and Guy nodding.

I dont understand them in this context and they have a different look and feeel compared to
the ones starting in the hospital room.
I think you get a more cohesive and attention grabbing trailer if you just started there instead.

My 2 cents

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
October 13, 2007 06:55PM
looks good i did notice a little temp and color differences with the hospital scenes. in the sound trk you may want to put a couple of sounds that are heavier in low end frequency ( ie. thicken the thump that i hear in the first 30sec.

as a wild suggestion the scene where that lady is obviously screaming and panicking turn the audio from the scene down and squelch and distort it so that you can here the chaos but cant really make out what is being said. it can even be staticy.

the trailer is good though and even with no changes would be enticing.

Ti hao le! Ni de dianshi hen hao!!!

i hope you can read my pinyin and hope even more that my verbiage is correct.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics