Rock Video - "I'm Too Old for American Idol"

Posted by Kevin Carr 
Rock Video - "I'm Too Old for American Idol"
October 21, 2007 09:32AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time fan of LAFCPUG and respect the advice given in the forums. I work as a studio camera operator and fill in as the technical director for Access Hollywood. I love production so I also do my own projects on the side, because working a million hours a week isn't enough. Here is a video that I did recently as a one man band for my guitar teacher. Her name is Toni Valenta and she's the singer/guitar player.
I shot this with a DVX100, used ARRI lights and edited it with FCP 5.1.4. It includes Nattress Film Effects plug-ins, a CHV plug-in and one Eureka free plug in. I did rear screen projection for the "audition room" and front screen projection on the bass drum. To prepare it for YouTube, I exported it as a H.264 at 1500Kbits/sec. with multi-pass. It was 94.9 MB. The original video is really nice looking and it's kind of sick to see what happens as it's converted to FLV on YouTube, but what the heck, we wanted to get it out there. I hope you enjoy it!
-Kevin Carr

Re: Rock Video - "I'm Too Old for American Idol"
October 21, 2007 08:52PM
Any chance of providing us with a download address for the H.264 version?
October 22, 2007 08:03AM
No, I'm sorry.
October 22, 2007 10:51AM
That bass drum projection is inspired. Now that I've seen it, it seems like such an obvious cool thing to do. Love the clockwork stuff too - especially the repetitions at the end.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics