Marching Band

Posted by camshaft 
Marching Band
December 07, 2007 03:32PM
Thought I'd share a video of my son's high school marching band. It started out as, "I need to get some of this on camera", and then the more I shot, the more involved I got. It took on a life of it's own. It's more for the parents, than a casual viewer, thus the long length. The half time performance is pretty long, so you may want to scroll through it. Most are grab shots, run-n-gun style.

Main camera was a Panny 100 shot 30p with the 24p scene file settings. Second camera (used as an un-manned lock down) was a consumer Panny 250 3-ccd.

I only used Color Correction for most of the footage, dropping the blacks, warming things a bit more, and upping the chroma a tad. To knock down sky, lights, windows, and, yes, overexposure at a few points, Desaturate Highlights. I used Nattres's Film FX, and color corrector to match the main camera as best as possible.

The video from the half time was taken at three different games so as to get as many angles as possible (I only had two cameras), and the audio was recorded at a rehearsal in the stadium with the kids arced around the two stereo microphones, and sweetened in STP.

[homepage.mac.com]

Hope you enjoy

Cameron Young
Re: Marching Band
December 07, 2007 03:37PM
Was able to edit initial post, never mind this, sorry.

Cameron Young
Re: Marching Band
December 08, 2007 07:44PM
Cam - I found this really fascinating. Because I've never seen a real high school marching band, or been to a real high school football game. I loved your fly-on-the-wall approach, where I could feel like I was really there, without commentary to tell me what to look at.

Yes - it was long, I've just got up to the half time performance now and I'm probably not going to have time watch much more, but I think it's a good idea to keep a long version as well as a cut-down, cause in years to come this footage will be incredibly nostalgic.

Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it. smiling smiley

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics