Battle of the Bands

Posted by camshaft 
Battle of the Bands
January 30, 2008 05:53PM
My son's musical department at the high school threw a battle of the bands for a fund raiser, and here's a video of performance excerpts.

Yes, I'm ready for the flaming about the audio, BUT.....all of my microphones were used for the stage, and I was left with only camera mics. Thankfully STP was a help even with things being totally overmodulated.

And kudos again to Nattress for his Film FX, and being able to closely match the B cam to the A cam.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Cam

[homepage.mac.com]

Cameron Young
Re: Battle of the Bands
January 31, 2008 02:36AM
ha! that was fun - took me right back to highschool : )
February 09, 2008 07:05PM
Love how the haircuts haven't changed since I was in Highschool. As usual, love your no commentary, non judgemental style, Cam.

February 10, 2008 05:23AM
as a dummy, i would say that the shots could have ben better. it seemed as tho who filmed it was scared to get in the face of the bands.

the edit was very nice. i like the font that was used.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 10, 2008 01:52PM
<<it seemed as tho who filmed it was scared to get in the face of the bands>>

Well, I had my hands full at the time. My girlfriend was running the B cam (wide shot) and doesn't know anything about shooting, and I was starting out each bands performance by helping the guy on the mixer making sure he had the drum mics placed correctly before I picked up my camera and started shooting. I knew I was only going to put down a couple of minutes of each band, so I opted to stay on looser shots, and grabbed closer ones when I could. You must realize that this was an event video for the kids and the parents, a news type ENG thing, not a musical video shoot.

Cameron Young
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics