This is a Beautiful Video Political or Not

Posted by J.Corbett 
This is a Beautiful Video Political or Not
February 05, 2008 11:33AM

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: This is a Beautiful Video Political or Not
February 05, 2008 01:38PM
I actually dreamed about this the night after I watched it...
February 05, 2008 01:40PM
Not a new idea -- Sean Lennon's "The Peace Choir" did a cover of "Give Peace a Chance" around the first Gulf War -- but pretty charming, though it's hard to tell what they're saying sometimes with all those voices. Great use of the non-lip-sync B-roll, though. I always think those are the liveliest shots, when the performers are being themselves.

www.derekmok.com
February 05, 2008 02:20PM
Not a new idea but a good idea.
Nice cutting and finally i could watch a politician without changing the channel.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
February 05, 2008 09:34PM
Certainly there are no deep thoughts to rile anyone in that clip.

One could indeed argue that the message is staggeringly lightweight. Of Zeppelin magnitude.

Yet it is very, very effective. Why is this so?

I would suggest that in "Yes we can" we witness something that Prof. Dan Dennett discusses here with his ant:

[www.ted.com]
February 05, 2008 11:20PM
> One could indeed argue that the message is staggeringly lightweight. Of Zeppelin magnitude.

I've always had a theory -- conservatives will always have a stronger message because they can make their messages simpler:

God exists, and there's only one
The Bible says it, so it must be true
Men and women only, not men and men, or women and women
Abortion is murder
Family is Number One
Terrorists should be killed, or stuck in a cell with the key thrown away

Liberals, on the other hand, always have to water down their messages with some kind of Hegellian dialectic:

God can exist, but there can be others, and God may not exist, either
The Bible says it, so it can be either true or false
Men and women, men and men, men and women...even men, women, machines and animals
Abortion is up to every individual, so it can be right, but it can also be wrong
Family is Number One, but so are Government, Charity, Foreign Aid, The Environment, Nontraditional Households...
Terrorists should be imprisoned, but only after due process, good lawyer representation, and flawless chain of evidence, and even then, they should be able to appeal and their religions respected, and did we mention we still want to love everybody?

Liberal ideas are always weaker-sounding. The crisp sloganeering tends to belong to the right wing.

Okay, cutting down on the caffeine now...

www.derekmok.com
February 06, 2008 12:06AM
Sort of why political conservative talk shows are more fun to listen too than political liberal ones. While my politics lean toward radical liberalism, I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than Air America simply for its entertainment value.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 04, 2008 11:37AM
Compared to the Hillary's rocks video... that ain't heavyweight message either! If both picked the two videos as their campaign song, Obama's gonna win by a landslide from here to the billboards.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics