Next small project; lord of the rings meets apocalypse now; a lot of work, help on how to start?

Posted by chaar 
Hey guys. i have a rough idea on how i want to approach my next project; just for a movie class, but i am not sure if i could achieve the same effect but with less effort.

Basically i want to take the 1st 3 minutes of a scene in Apocalypse Now, where martin sheen is talking with the generals about killing some mad american colonel in vietnam, martin sheen meets harrison ford and is given his mission papers, and in the scene, harrison ford drops the mission papers to reveal photos and other contents of the classified file. Martin sheen is given a photo of the mad colonel, which he holds in his hand and studies.

What i want to to do is add in photos of Frodo, arwen into that file, and replace the colonel's photo in Martin sheen's hand with a photo of Saruman.

That is my idea in a nutshell.

So as to achieving it, i feel i have to use FCP to convert the footage into frames, and import every frame into photoshop so i can stretch the LOTR photos to replace the photos in the movie. And then re-import all those frames back into FCP.

Ive tried using just FCP to import the LOTR photo and model it about the area i want to replace in the movie, but it looks fake and i can;t get the shape i want of the image.

Is there anything anyone can suggest?

Coz i am quite prepared to go through hundreds of thousands of frames, its just that i feel there must be a quicker more efficient way to go about this.

Cheers mates

Charles.
Photoshop Extended has a video track in it, so you can do this without having to frame by frame it. You could also use Motion or After FX though. All would be better than comping in FCP.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics