Teaser for our new film - The Harbortown Bobber

Posted by choppertown zack 
Teaser for our new film - The Harbortown Bobber
June 03, 2009 01:52PM
Here's the teaser to our newest film. I always get the answers to my questions, couldn't survive without Cafe La. Cheers Gang!

COMING IN JULY 2009! From the directors of the award-winning motorcycle movies "Choppertown: the Sinners" and "Brittown" comes a new motorcycle fabrication documentary.

Two years in the making, The Harbortown Bobber follows the ground-up build of Scott DiLalla's '69 bobber as various backyard masters put their hands on it creating a unique custom motorcycle and telling their own personal stories as they work. Featuring Irish Rich (Sinner Nomad), Earl Kane (Earl's Bikes), J-Bird (Japanese Jay), Jonathan Smith, Todd's Cycles, U.S. Kustoms, Dennis Goodson.

Thanks as always for the support. Stay independent.

If you like this teaser, please help us and post it, blog it, vote for it and share it!

Zack Coffman
producer/director
Choppertown: the Sinners [www.choppertown.com]
Brittown: a Brit bike documentary [www.brittown.com]

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 15" 2.4Ghz
Matte Screen
4 GB Corsair Ram
OWC 1TB Raid
Dell 2405FPW
FCP 6.0.4
OSX 10.5.5
Re: Teaser for our new film - The Harbortown Bobber
June 03, 2009 02:22PM
Zack,

A little feedback:

It's WAAAAY too long, bro. That song and the content gets very repetitive after 1:30 (stopped watching it after that). I would pick & choose the best of the best clips and cut it way down. Also...avoid trying to match action to the beat (hammering to the beats in one clip). Looks cheesy IMHO.

Good luck!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Teaser for our new film - The Harbortown Bobber
June 03, 2009 03:29PM
I think length is a symptom, not the disease.

The fact is, I didn't see a single true story element. All I saw were shots, shots, shots...I didn't get the point. And the prospect of watching that for even three minutes (the length of your teaser) made me want to go to sleep as early as the 45-second mark.

Take out the music and cut this like a two-minute story. Get some real content in there. Even the best music couldn't make this piece work if you don't have a real structure and message. What's the conflict? What are the characters? What's the story?

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics