Color problems

Posted by Aaron Zander 
Color problems
October 20, 2007 02:07AM
ok, so got an advanced copy of leopard and installed it halfway through this project and now....

ok just kidding.

but seriously, just graded a 30 second spot sent it back to FCP (after rendering) and what? my clips are all askew some have the totally wrong ramp speed, and most if not all are off by significant amounts. most kept their speed changes, BUT few kept their in out points. How can I fix this SOON (deadline is monday night)
Re: Color problems
October 20, 2007 11:18AM
Gotta bake in your speed changes before output to Color. It doesn't like 'em and won't play nice with em.

October 25, 2007 03:58PM
Well i'm hugely impressed with this app however when i came to render my last project it wanted to render every frame from my outakes(bout i hour)as well as the 5 minute short, thus leaving a gargantuan render file on my boot drive.
How does one avoid this and should the render folder go on the 2nd drive?

I'm particularly interested in the answer to the second half of this question. I have many training DVD's/books etc. telling me how to organise my FCP media by putting it on a 2nd HD in a folder called FCP Documents (and the project files on the boot drive), however nobody tells me what i'm supposed to do with all my stuff from DVDSP, STP/ Color, Motion etc?
what's everyone else out there doing please?
November 09, 2007 07:45AM
I keep all my media on a media drive and project+render files on system HD. By doing this, I am trying to avoid major fragmentation to my media drive (caused by rendering and then, after some more tweaking, re-rendering same footage). It?s also a good idea to read from one disk and write to another. Should make things a bit faster
November 16, 2007 11:40PM
Dom
when i came to render my last project it wanted to render every frame from my outakes(bout i hour)as well as the 5 minute short, thus leaving a gargantuan render file on my boot drive.
How does one avoid this and should the render folder go on the 2nd drive?

What is in the render queue? How big are your handles in Color?

I place the renders in a separate hd. also, Color benefits from a fast hd, I'm using 7200rpms, 32mb cache, via fw800 or esata

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics