What is the current YouTube format?

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
What is the current YouTube format?
October 27, 2009 01:51PM
Hello,

I'm looking for the best youtube format for a movie file i exported from FCP in DV/NTSC. 720x480 anamorphic.

Some or most of the video's i've already posted up there look okay at best and since i forgot what i did i started looking it up again and found too many instructions from pages that looked a few years old.
Re: What is the current YouTube format?
October 27, 2009 01:57PM
It's H.264. But i'm not sure if they'll recompress it if you upload h.264. Frame size should be 320x240 for non HD material.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 27, 2009 07:02PM
If your native format is DV-NTSC and you have the time, I'd upload the DV-NTSC quicktime and be done with it. YouTube limit is 10 mins or 2GB, and most videos are (or should be) 2-3 minutes, which will be well under both of those limits.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to disagree with Strypes - if your source material is SD, I'd export it at native resolution and upload it. When YouTube expands their resolution again, you'll be already grandfathered in.
October 31, 2009 04:23AM
>When YouTube expands their resolution again, you'll be already grandfathered in.

Not sure what you mean by that, but Youtube recompresses your footage and doesn't keep the original, so basically if you upload a DV file, it'll recompress to whatever they're using (if it's 320x240, h.264), and it'll stay that way even if they decide to stream 720p H.264.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics