Best/Highest quality export for 10 second video

Posted by crash41 
Best/Highest quality export for 10 second video
November 12, 2009 03:16PM
I'm trying to embed an flv file into my flash document for a store's product (the 10 second clip is of a model doing a 360). The original video looks good, the export to .mov looks great - but converting to flv looks like garbage.

What would be the best work flow to get a simple, slow movement 10 second clip to flash?

Many thanks
Re: Best/Highest quality export for 10 second video
November 12, 2009 04:23PM
I'd ditch flv (by that i'd mean the vp6 codec). Use H.264 at around 1.5kb/s. That should work for web, and flash supports it since flash 9.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 12, 2009 07:04PM
I'm embedding these into a flash piece. It says it only takes flv files.

Thanks
November 12, 2009 07:12PM
Ugh. I hate you, Adobe, for confusing everyone, everywhere.

FLV is not a video format. It's a file format. Think of it like a box. You can put different kinds of things inside the box. Back in the day, what people put inside the box was video encoded in a format called VP6. VP6 was bad, and everyone hated it, but they used it because nothing better existed.

Today something better exists, and it's called H.264. You can encode video into the H.264 format and put it in the FLV box.

That's what Strypes is saying you should do. And he's right.

November 12, 2009 07:38PM
So i should be able to use H.264 which will create a .mov file - rename that .flv and embed it?
November 13, 2009 02:40AM
You don't actually have to rename it. Flash 9 takes movs as well.

[labs.adobe.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
November 16, 2009 02:01PM
Strange. In my flash cs4 (version 10) i'm trying to import the .mov to embed it into my flash movie.

It gives a warning that the file is not a valid format for embedding video - to select an flv file.
November 21, 2009 05:39AM
Okay, I meant the Flash player, not Flash the program, or the superhero... Flash doesn't import non-FLV files. The Flash player on the other hand, is what allows the end user to watch H.264 videos streamed to their computer.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics