From prores 422 to sd DVD. HELP!

Posted by Luppoltain 
From prores 422 to sd DVD. HELP!
November 18, 2009 08:37AM
Hi!
I'm having some troubles in making a sd DVD from a 422prores sequence.

I imported the AVCHD 1080 p25 (pal) files with log & Transfer (prores 422) into Final Cut. ok.
I edited a 13 minutes sequence in prores 422. ok.
As i want to make a sd dvd, i exported the sequence using compressor (DVD best quality 90minutes), obtaining a 600mb mpeg2 file. ok
I import the asset in DVD studio pro and build the video TS Folder.
I Burn it.

The result is a very bad quality sd DVD, with bad titles and images.
I'm wondering if it's normal that compressor shrink the original 10giga prores 422 file in a 600 mb mpeg2 file?
and also, it is normal to obtain such bad quality sd dvd from AVCHD footage imported and edited in Prores 422 and "compressed" with compressor 90' best quality?

Excuse my english, and thank you!
Re: From prores 422 to sd DVD. HELP!
November 19, 2009 01:46PM
I am now working on a new project and it is composed of the following: Sony Ex 1 1080p30 input. I set up in FCP as such and rendered it as Pro Res 422. It had 11 chapters set in FCP. I sent it to Compressor with 90 Min. Best settings. In DVD Pro, I had one intro Menu that timed out to a Menu that had 2 buttons, one to Play Movie the other one for Chapters (11). In simulate, it looked great. When I tried to Build it, it always stopped at (Rendering Menu:Menu 1, Language: 1) and said "Video Bitrate Too High".

If I eliminate all menus and make the timeline first play it will build. That is the only way I can get a DVD out of DVD Studio Pro. I reinstalled DVD Studio Pro and it still does not work. I also tried it with Leopard not Snow Leopard and it did not work either. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?
November 19, 2009 02:02PM
hi,
but it's a sd dvd or hi def one?
anyway, did you check the preferences in project properties?
it could be you didn' set properly if it's a sd or hd one.
November 19, 2009 02:44PM
The preferences are set for sd dvd, and I am trying to build a sd dvd.
November 19, 2009 07:22PM
Someone from Apple answered my question. I needed to run the music and stills I used in the Menus through Compressor. When I did that, everything worked. I never had to do this before FCP 7, but it is sure a relief to make it work.
November 20, 2009 04:49AM
That's strange. I'm using final cut studio 3 as well and didn't need to pass music and stills through copressor making a dvd.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics