Compression of Multiple Clips to Speed Up Play by 4000 % - OR - Just Use "Modify Speed ?"

Posted by eosruss 
Greetings - I have multiple hours (joined multiple clips) of a slow tundra landslide that I have tried to render out from the FC timeline - using just the "Modify" and "Speed" functions on header bar. I have tried modifying the speed up to 4000 %. When "render" is complete - the first - say - 5 minutes of the joined clips seems to render out the speed increase - but the rest of the clip does not render. It "appears" that the rest of the clip comes out just as a still shot - or has rendered at normal speed.

Any suggestions ? Should I render out each separate clip of the composited clip - and then bring together on the timeline - and then re-render the entire composite clip using the same 4000 % ?

Or - should I send entire composite of clips to "Compressor" - then bring it back to FC timeline and speed it up to 4000 % ? What codec or format should I compress to for best playback over the internet -- and also for best playback on someone elses computer - just in case QuickTime cannot playback such a hi-res file, etc. ?

Thanks for any help on this !

Russ Gutshall / eosruss
Re: Compression of Multiple Clips to Speed Up Play by 4000 % - OR - Just Use "Modify Speed ?"
December 15, 2009 04:19PM
This really doesn't sound like a task that should be done in Final Cut Pro. You should use a dedicated effects software.

www.derekmok.com
Derek -- I'm not real hi-tech here - but if FC has a function to "Modify Speed" of a clip placed on the timeline - and there are tutorials on YouTube, etc., then I would suspect that FC has the capability to do that function.

What I am trying to grasp is why FC does not render out the entire length of my footage - just renders out the first clip, basically, on the timeline - and then rest of the clips are normal playback speed. Are clips too long (some are more than 15 minutes long. Should I render each clip individually as separate projects - and then import into new project and then fuse/render that project ? Any thoughts ?

Russ G
Re: Compression of Multiple Clips to Speed Up Play by 4000 % - OR - Just Use "Modify Speed ?"
December 18, 2009 03:38PM
What format are you working with?

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics